Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road is an online cycling magazine. It is intended for writers and riders who want to share their on the road cycling stories and pictures. Submissions that follow our guideline are gratefully appreciated. See the appropriate page in the site menu. Will publish the best of the best each month. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter @PicosCycling.

Thursday 31 July 2014

Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road August 2014 Vol. 2 No. 8


Jack and I were both crazy busy this month. In spite of that and a nightmare problem with getting pictures to post correctly on the articles, August 2014 is published on time.

Changes to my personal schedule should allow me to take advantage of a few ideas I've had for our webzine. We are excited about the possibilities.

In This Issue
(Click on the titles to view)

June Bug In My Eye

What happens when you're roaring down a hill on your bike and you take a June Bug in the eye? I found out the hard way. Why I wear shades while riding and keep my mouth shut riding past swamps.

Spending the Night in My Hennessy Hammock

Jack's current tour housing of choice. Here is a review of the product after some field testing.

Difficult Century

Most of my century rides have been enjoyable at some level. This one was unplanned without preparation and wasn't much fun.

Our first webzine book review. Jack reviews Tom Allen's book. We will likely do more cycling book reviews in the future. I think they can be very helpful to both beginning and experienced rider.

Recently a cycling friend at work came out at the end of his shift to find the bike rack empty. Someone stole his ride. I take the time to discuss the ins and outs of bicycle locks.

Looking forward to another month of cycling and writing. Still hoping to get regular material from other writers but we are doing well. Until next month pedal on!


No comments:

Post a Comment